The Infant-Toddler Teacher is responsible for a classroom of children 0-3 years of age. The Teacher will work collaboratively with his/her partner Teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom with a total of 6-8 children. The Teacher, along with families and colleagues, works to achieve meaningful the progress of each child along his/her own unique developmental path and toward the school readiness goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Teacher will ultimately be evaluated on a combination of skills, dispositions, and behaviors, some of which are related to the specific service area of this position and others that represent general expectations of all employees.
- Uses knowledge of the principles of child growth and development to work with children and communicate with families, internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for collaborating with a partner Teacher in the preparation of daily lesson plans
Will assist in the development of individual plans for each child including goal-setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established child outcomes.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment.
- Encourage the involvement of the families of the children in an Early/ Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families.
- Share pertinent information with Family Advocate ensuring coordinated services to meet the needs of individual children and families. Participate in case conferences as appropriate.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to sit most of the time with some bending and reaching.
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend periodically.
- Ability to engage in repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and fingers – typing and/or writing.
- Ability to work frequently at close visual range (i.e. preparing and analyzing data and figures,
- accounting, transcription, computer terminal, extensive reading).
- Ability to receive and respond to oral communication.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to occasionally loud.
- May be required to operate a motor vehicle during the course of duties.
Standard office equipment generally used includes:
- Personal Computer or Tablet
- Printer/Photocopy Machine
- Fax Machine
- Infant/Toddler CDA –OR- AA/BA in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
|Job Category||All Job Posts, Education|