Position: Elementary and Middle School Teachers
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Under general supervision of a principal and/or other designated administrator, plans and implements an instructional program and provides related educational services for students. Manages student behavior, assesses and evaluates student achievement, and modifies instructional activities, as required; carries out a variety of student monitoring and controls activities; performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Prepares course objectives and outline for course of stud following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school
- Lectures, demonstrates, and uses audiovisual teaching aids to present subject matter to class
- Prepares, administers, and corrects test, and records results
- Assigns lessons corrects paper, and hears oral presentations
- Teaches rules of conduct
- Maintains order in classroom and on playground
- Counsels pupils when adjustment and academic problems arise
- Discusses pupil’s academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents
- Keeps attendance and grade records as required by school
- Coordinates and participates in class field trips
- Attends meetings, conferences, and in-service, and participates in special events of the school and the agency
Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified by the Wisconsin Department of Instruction.
Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students and complies with Department of Public Instruction Standards and the school goals and objectives. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units, and projects in harmony with curriculum goals and communicates the objectives to students.
|Job Category||All Job Posts, Education|