Position: K4 Head Start Lead Teacher
Location: Milwaukee, WI
The Head Start Teacher is responsible for a Head Start classroom of 4- to 5-year-old children. S/he works collaboratively with an assistant teacher, family members, and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide emotional support through establishing a positive climate, being aware of and responsive to children, and encouraging child expression and autonomy.
- Use strategies for behavior management, such as clear behavior expectations, being proactive and redirecting misbehavior.
- Foster classroom productivity and maximize learning time, while engaging children with a variety of modalities and materials.
- Provide instructional support through concept development, fostering children’s analysis and reasoning, engaging in feedback loops, and modeling and supporting high-quality language.
- Ability to sit most of the time with some bending and reaching.
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend periodically.
- Ability to engage in repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and fingers – typing and/or writing.
- Ability to work frequently at close visual range (i.e. preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, transcription, computer terminal, extensive reading).
- Ability to receive and respond to oral communication.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Work is generally performed in a classroom environment.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to occasionally loud
- Standard office equipment generally used includes:
- Personal Computer (monitor, keyboard, and mouse) or Tablet
- Printer/Photocopy Machine
- Fax Machine
- AA/AS in Early Childhood Education OR BA/BS in Early Childhood Education, OR state awarded preschool teacher certification with experience teaching preschool aged children, OR BA/BS in related field with at least six college courses in Early Childhood Education plus experience teaching preschool aged children.
- Wisconsin DPI Teaching License required
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
|Job Category||All Job Posts, Education|